In business, as in life, pernicious myths abound about what it takes to be a skillful leader. Perhaps the most common and odious one is that if you were a really capable leader you’d be able to figure out on your own whatever problem you were faced with. Sadly, many corporate training programs reinforce this. The promise goes something like this: “Attend this workshop or read this book and you will become a better leader/motivator/communicator/etc.”…Presto! If only it were so easy…
5 Deliverables Only an Executive Coach Can Provide
I’ve observed leaders at all levels buying into this or other myths, most unknowingly. Staying motivated and getting the results you want is something a workshop, book, video or podcast simply can’t give you over the long term. While helpful, these tools can’t deliver in some primary ways. They cannot:
- Be there to help you fine tune your efforts along the way.
- Provide you the critical feedback in real-time you’ll need within the day to day crush of experiences you face.
- Help you to incorporate new learnings or ideas in the face of resistance to change from either your environment or from within yourself.
- Provide you with timely tools & resources to deal with unexpected, real-time circumstances.
- Keep you motivated and on track when the going gets tough…and it often can when you are trying to shift long established attitudes and behaviours.
Don’t Go It Alone
You need more than just information to bust through resilient behaviour patterns or to see things from different angles. You need to partner with an expert. You need someone to help you stay committed and inspired through challenging times. I’m not saying that books and information in all their varied forms are a bad thing. Quite the opposite. I’m simply saying that partnering with an expert, like a seasoned Executive Coach, is about learning to apply those newly learned ideas to your personal or professional world, day in and day out. It really is about getting results more efficiently, quickly and with much, much less stress.
Life is short. Why not make it work better for you?
INTERESTED IN LEARNING MORE ABOUT HOW BROCKWAY CAN IMPACT YOUR ORGANIZATION?
We offer a complimentary consultation to help you identify the programs and services that are most suitable for your organization. This is a no-pressure consultation.
Just click the button below, fill out the form & we’ll take care of the rest.