In today’s hectic world, workplace deadlines and personal responsibilities can often leave you feeling ragged and with little time for yourself. And yet, your ability to lead and manage at work is greatly affected by your mental, physical and emotional wellbeing.
If you are tired of feeling like you’re not giving or getting the best then perhaps it’s time to make a plan to change this up. I can think of no better place to start then by looking at the Gallup organization’s research into the raw materials of a life well lived.
Five Essential Elements to Success Everywhere
Here are the 5 essential elements that you’ll want to consider to shift you from simply getting by and shift you squarely into thrive mode.
- Career Wellbeing: how you occupy your time and liking your job is key. Guaranteed, get this right and you’ll never look back.
- Social Wellbeing: having strong relationships and love in your life has a profound positive impact. Building connections and spending time with loved ones will strengthen and enrich you.
- Financial Wellbeing: effectively managing your economic life can remove untold stressors from your life. Learning to live within one’s means is a great place to begin.
- Physical Wellbeing: having good health and the energy to get things done is fundamental. So step outside. Walk, run, dance. Daily exercise recharges you.
- Community Wellbeing: the sense of engagement you have with the community in which you live is a cornerstone to wellbeing. Volunteer. Join a community group. Get involved.
Not surprisingly, all of these areas are deeply interconnected so you’ll want to make the most of each. Not only will you feel better but you’ll be boosting the wellbeing of your friends, loved ones, workplace colleagues and community too – quite the outcome.
Which of the five would make the biggest impact on your life?