While these games may not be for the faint of heart, they’ll help you squeeze the most from your precious time away. They do involve risk though. The risk is that you just might re-discover yourself, your loved ones, and that you actually have a life. Do you dare?
- The Independent Motion Game – this involves simply going for a walk daily…down the beach, boulevard, campground trail, along the stream…anything where you engage in using your feet for motion.
- The Breathe Game – this is not strenuous. It merely involves taking time out to take a few extra breaths here and there and pause to reflect. Do not be alarmed when insights about how crazy your life has become begin to hit.
- The Unplug Game – perhaps the most challenging game but definitely the most rewarding. See how long you can go without checking your email or calling in to work. For advanced players, try using no techno gadgets, i.e. your smart phone, at all!
- The Plan Nothing Game – let the day unfold organically. Oh what’s that bright shiny object over there? Go check it out! Repeat.
- The Stare at Some Clouds Game – this is one of my favourites! You simply lie on your back, be it on a log, beach, boat or deck and stare at some clouds. Clear your mind and let the clouds take over.
- The Sit on a Log Game – logs are underrated. They are not just for making lumber. They are in fact magical gateways to a stunning universe that has been around you all along. Find log. Sit on it. Breath deep. Remain still.
- The Ignore the Idiot Box Game – really, these things are stupifying. You’re on vacation. You can watch TV when you’re home.
- The Do Something Different Game – this is about shaking up your routine and adding spice! Try different food, learn to surf, sail or play mahjong. For advanced players on holiday, leave the tourist zone and try hitting local hangs.
- The Hammock Game – this is right up there with the Clouds Game. Simply lie in a hammock…see how long you can remain without getting up to do something! Don’t be alarmed when you discover the hammock won’t let you go. Resistance is futile.
- The Squishing Sand Between Your Toes Game – again, one of my faves. Find a beach. Sit or lie on beach. Squish sand between your toes. Wiggle your toes this way and that…then melt away.
Choose one, or choose them all. Challenge yourself to become a master of them all…if you dare.
I highly recommend all 10 of these games, particularly enjoy the clouds, log and squishing sand through my toes. I also recommend sitting on a dock and staring into the water and lying on your back and gazing at the stars.
Absolutely wonderful additons to the list of games. Thanks Pam!