Phew. Summertime is finally in full swing. Bring on the sun! Here’s some ways to recharge over the summer and kick up the dial on your happiness meter:
- Soak up some sun – drink in that vitamin D and kick up your serotonin levels. You’ll sleep better.
- Get a massage – there’s a healing power to touch…particularly if doled out in a seaside cabana…seabreeze softly blowing…uhm hmmm…
- Play in the dirt – yup…getting your fingers dirty in your garden or flower boxes can be very grounding…no pun intended.
- Decide to be happy – in this moment, right here, right now, decide to be happy.
- Drink in some sunsets – grab a blanket, chair or sprawl on the grass, kick back and absorb the splendor of the evening performance.
- Put on the brakes – slowww down now and again. Allow yourself to take a break from your usual hectic pace of life and. just. be.
- Get social – reconnect with an old friend. Few things are as impactful on our happiness as time spent with our pals.
The list could go on and on. What other happiness habits will you dive into this summer?