Summary: We’ve all been slapped around by 2020 and thrown off course. We discuss 5 interconnected ways to help you regain control of your life, boost your resilience and put you firmly back in the driver’s seat.
Feeling a little thrashed after a tumultuous 2020? We’ve witnessed horrific politics, massive job loss, human strife, disruption, and a deadly pandemic. It’s no wonder that levels of stress and anxiety are through the roof. But the tide is changing. With encouraging political change afoot in the globally influential US, and a vaccine on the way, it’s time for us all to collectively take a big breath. It’s time to begin the journey of personal healing and getting back to big audacious dreams.
2021 is Looking Up…Waaaay Up!
It’s time to recapture your battered sense of joy and wellbeing by a sharp re-focus on what matters most. Research tells us that being fulfilled in five key areas is what underlies our sense of personal happiness and success. These are the universal elements of wellbeing that differentiate a thriving life from one spent in suffering or regret. These are the elements that are the currency of a life that matters. They are the fuel for building your resilience and achieving your dreams.
You’ll want to seriously consider each of these areas as you shift from simply getting by to locking into full-on thrive mode where dreams are realized:
- Career wellbeing: concerns how you occupy your time and whether or not you like your job. This one is key. Get it right and you’ll never look back.
- Social wellbeing: having strong relationships and love in your life are very sweet things that have a profound impact on you. Building connections and spending time with loved ones, albeit by Zoom these days, is key to your happiness.
- Financial wellbeing: this may be very tough for some right now, and understandably so, but being able to manage your budget and fiscal life can often remove untold stressors from your life.
- Physical wellbeing: having good health and the energy to get done what you need to get done is fundamental. So mask up, step outside and walk, run, bike or dance in the streets. Whatever gets your heart rate up. Daily exercise will recharge you in short order.
- Community wellbeing: is the sense of engagement you have with the community in which you live and is key to feeling good. So go get involved, even if it means connecting virtually. Volunteer. Join a community group. Help out a shut-in neighbor. Give back. You’ll get immediate warm fuzzies.
All of these areas are deeply interconnected so you’ll want to make the most of each. So make a plan now to take action in each of these areas for a profoundly restorative shot in the arm. Not only will you feel better but you’ll be boosting the wellbeing of your friends, loved ones, workplace colleagues and the community too – quite the outcome right?
Are you ready to dream again? We’re here to help you make that happen. Let’s do this!